I have had this idea to start a blog about women and for women for a while now, but I haven't had the guts to get started. I have doubted myself - even though I have a gut feeling that this is a really good idea - but the fear of failing, sad to say, has won out until now. Luckily a close friend and very strong woman has provided me with the encouragement I needed and so I am taking the plunge into blogging with a real purpose and hoping that people read what I have to say.
I have some important things to say about women:
about how incredible, amazing, and precious we are...
about how we are our own worst critic and fail to see the strength, talents, and worth we have...
about how we need to believe in ourselves more and stop listening to that voice inside our head that says we can't...
about how silly it is that we doubt ourselves and let fear rule us (yes, this all applies to me too)...
about how capable we really are - especially if we get out of our own way...
about how we need to take just as good care of ourselves as we do the ones we love...
about how we should love who we are even though we are a work in progress...
The list of ideas I have is long. And hopefully endless.
I want this to be a place where any woman can come to get a little boost and a firm reminder that she is a beautiful, intelligent, capable person. That she doesn't have to face the world all at once, get the laundry and dishes done, dinner on the table, and look really good in a spandex suit to be a Super Woman.
Let's you and I redefine what it is to be a Super Woman - a REAL Super Woman. Because REAL Super Women shouldn't strive for perfection in a thousand daily tasks only to feel like a worthless heap at the end of a long day. REAL Super Women strive to do a good job, focus on the things that really matter, and feel accomplished and happy at the end of a long day - not spent and worthless.
I believe that every woman is of great worth and I want this blog to remind you of that. Spread the word. Provide me with comments and ideas. Help expand my vision! I am not exactly sure where this will all lead but I am willing to set aside my doubts and take a leap of faith in hopes that it makes a difference and improve the lives of even just a few Super Women out there.
Until tomorrow,
Kristin
3 comments:
Yay Tin! I am excited to hear your thoughts. Too many women don't understand or don't believe that they are super just because they can't get past their own self criticism. That should change. I'm glad you have the guts to try and help change it.
SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS! what a great idea!
eek! excited! thank you so much for listening. i'm sure i'll be back here daily for a dose of strength
Post a Comment